CompatibilityThe Loqed Smart Lock fits virtually all European doors and supports Android and iOS phones
No need to measure
Find below how to check if the Loqed Smart Lock is compatible with your door.
Step 1: Verify your lock’s shape
The Loqed Smart Lock supports doors with the Euro Profile lock shape. This shape can be easily recognized by looking for the shape as in the image below on the interior of your door:
Do you have different type of door lock? Then we highly recommend you to upgrade your door lock to improve your home security against many known methods of forced entry. Our certified lock smiths, or a lock smith of your choosing, can help you with that.
Step 2: verify the distance between the door center screws and the side of the door (backset)
Most doors provide enough space on your door to mount the Loqed Smart Lock. On the interior side of the door, measure the distance from the center of the cylinder to the side of the door. It should be 30 mm or more.
Step 3: verify handle operation
The smart lock supports handle operated doors (a door that you lock by lifting the door handle upward), with only one hardly seen exception: if you need to turn the key, lift the handle upward, turn the key again, and open the door, then the door is not supported. The Loqed Smart Lock only supports rotating the lock once (although it during that one time, the lock can be rotated multiple times).
Yes! Just to take away any doubts, the Loqed Smart Lock also works with:
- Any kind of cylinder length: the Loqed cylinder supports all door thicknesses
- Anti plug pulling door hardware covering the exterior side of the cylinder, often found on newly built or recently renovated houses.
- Multi-point door locks – whether they have three, five or seven bolts.
- Door locks for elderly, where the lock cylinder is above the handle.
- Handle operated doors (a door that you lock by lifting the door handle upward). You do have to manually lift the handle upward after closing the door. One rare exception is not supported: if you need to turn the key, lift the handle, and turn the key again, then the door is not supported.
All Bluetooth enabled phones are supported with Android (version 5 or higher) or iOS (version 11 or higher). Nowadays, that’s pretty much any phone.
The Loqed Bridge allows you to open the communal door of your apartment building via the existing intercom system. We are currently in the process of developing the required software to enable this functionality in the Loqed Bridge. This page will be updated as soon as we are ready.
The Loqed Smart Lock is designed for doors of houses and apartments. The inside module (containing the motor and batteries) is splash-proof: it can withstand a bit of rain while the door is open, but it shouldn’t be used in situation where heavy rainfall can be expected.
Still not sure?
Please send a picture of the interior side of your door to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know if it is compatible with the Loqed Smart Lock.
All functionality for € 299,-
The Loqed Smart Lock will fit your door perfectly.