The Loqed Smart Lock fits virtually all European doors and supports Android and iOS phones
No need to measure
Find below how to check if the Loqed Smart Lock is compatible with your door.
The Loqed Smart Lock is the most powerful smart lock on the market. By using only metal gears, the lock can open any door, including multi-point locks. The lock is stronger than you could ever manually turn a key. Thus, if you can open your door by solely turning the key, you can be sure the Loqed Smart Lock is also able to open your door.
The Loqed Smart Lock is designed for exterior doors of houses and apartments. The outside module is fully weatherproof, the inside module cannot be mounted outdoors. The Loqed Smart Lock is therefore not suitable for gates where both sides are exposed to the weather.
Step 1: Verify your lock’s shape
The Loqed Smart Lock supports doors with the Euro Profile lock shape. This shape can be easily recognized by looking for the shape as in the image below on the interior of your door:
Do you have different type of door lock? Then we highly recommend you to upgrade your door lock to improve your home security against many known methods of forced entry. Our certified lock smiths, or a lock smith of your choosing, can help you with that.
Step 2: verify the distance between the door center screws and the side of the door (backset)
Most doors provide enough space on your door to mount the Loqed Smart Lock. On the interior side of the door, measure the distance from the center of the cylinder to the side of the door. It should be 30 mm or more. If your door opens to the outside, add 2 mm more to ensure the angle can be met.
Step 3: verify handle operation
The smart lock supports handle operated doors (a door that you lock by lifting the door handle upward), with only one hardly seen exception: if you need to turn the key, lift the handle upward, turn the key again, and open the door, then the door is not supported. The Loqed Smart Lock only supports rotating the lock once (during that one time, the lock can be rotated multiple times).
Sliding doors that have a special handle on the inside to help slide the door are not supported, as the Loqed Smart Lock replaces the handle, and cannot replace these long handles.
Yes! Just to take away any doubts, the Loqed Smart Lock also works with:
- Any kind of door thicknesses: up to 110mm (for a symmetric door – measured from the cylinder screw, the door’s thickness can be up to 55mm).
- Any kind of PC-maat: PC 55, 72, 78, 85, 92, 105, and 110 (in The Netherlands, only PC 55, 72 and 92 are used).
- Anti plug pulling door hardware covering the exterior side of the cylinder, often found on newly built or recently renovated houses.
- Multi-point door locks – whether they have three, five or seven bolts.
- Door locks for elderly, where the lock cylinder is above the handle.
- Handle operated doors (a door that you lock by lifting the door handle upward). You do have to manually lift the handle upward after closing the door. One rare exception is not supported: if you need to turn the key, lift the handle, and turn the key again, then the door is not supported.
- Outside module: 51mm * 33mm * 8mm
- Inside module: 284mm * 60mm * 29mm without knob and handle, 284mm * 60mm * 69mm with knob and handle
All Bluetooth enabled phones are supported with Android (version 6 or higher) or iOS (version 11 or higher). Nowadays, that’s pretty much any phone.
The Loqed Bridge allows you to open the communal door of your apartment building via the existing intercom system. We are currently in the process of developing the required software to enable this functionality in the Loqed Bridge. This page will be updated as soon as we are ready.
Still not sure?
Please send a picture of the interior side of your door and we’ll let you know if it is compatible with the Loqed Smart Lock.